Basalt rebar is one of the most popular and modern building materials that are widely known in the world.
Basalt rebar is actively used in construction and has unique properties:
– Basalt reinforcement is four times lighter and three times stronger than steel.
– Basalt rebar does not absorb moisture, does not conduct electrical current and has low thermal conductivity.
– Basalt reinforcement is relatively light and durable, while metal reinforcement is very heavy, which requires more effort and time during its installation.
– Due to its elasticity, basalt rebar is twisted into small coils (with a diameter of just over one meter, depending on the cross-section), which makes it easy and quick to transport and install.
– Basalt, in comparison with metal reinforcement, is more resistant to chemical attack, while metal reinforcement is subject to corrosion, which ultimately can lead to premature destruction of the concrete structure.